Semantics, Opinion and Sentiment in Text
The EUROLAN 2007 Summer School offers two weeks of intensive study in the emerging areas of sentiment and opinion analysis complementing deep semantic analysis, and their applications to discourse and dialogue. The Summer School will cover topics relevant to the new Web 2.0, with lectures covering the application of Natural Language Processing to blogs, wikis, etc.
The school will host two satellite events, including a Doctoral Consortium that provides PhD students working in Computational Linguistics and Natural Language Processing the opportunity to present their current work and receive constructive feedback and guidance on future research, from both the general audience and the invited lecturers at the Summer School.
EUROLAN 2007 will include a one or one-and-a-half day excursion to the Northern part of the Romanian province of Moldavia, including famous monasteries such as those from Bucovina and Neamţ.
Invited lecturers will include internationally known researchers in the field. Lectures will consist of half- and full-day seminars, together with hands-on labs to provide students with in-depth understanding and experience.
- automatic and semi-automatic discovery of subjectivity indicators
- extracting sentiments from unstructured text
- tracking opinions over time
- computational approaches to humor recognition and generation
- annotation for deep semantics, sentiment, and subjectivity
- subjectivity/sentiment and analysis of discourse and dialogue
- subjectivity and sentiment analysis in blogs
- discourse and dialogue in blogs
- lexical semantics in the Web 2.0 (blogs, wikis, etc.)
- attribution of opinion and sentiment
- applications of opinion and sentiment analysis
Dan Cristea, “Al. I. Cuza” University of Iaşi, Romania
Nancy Ide, Vassar College, USA
Rada Mihalcea, University of North Texas, USA
Oliviero Stock, ITC-IRST, Trento, Italy
Dan Tufiş, Romanian Academy, Bucharest, Romania
Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence, Romanian Academy
Faculty of Computer Science Iași