The Multilingual Web: Resources, Technologies and Prospects
Continuing the tradition of former EUROLAN Summer Schools, this year edition will offer two unforgettable weeks of intensive study and discussions on one of the hottest topics of our developing global society: accommodation of multiple cultures and languages. The issues on focus will regard technologies and resources currently under development to support multi-lingual language processing, as well as the applications that exploit them to enable multi-lingual access to information disseminated via the web.
Internationally known scholars and researchers involved in leading-edge work in relevant areas will serve as professors at the school, teaching half- and full-day seminars and hands-on labs to provide students with in-depth understanding and experience of the state-of-the-art in the domain. Intense discussions will prefigure the evolution of the field in the future near us.</p?
- creation and exploitation of multi-lingual resources, including corpora, lexicons, WordNets, and ontologies;
- multi-lingual alignment of syntax, semantics, discourse, and other language phenomena;
- annotation of various phenomena in multiple languages, including time annotations, semantics, anaphora;
- annotation transfer, enabling annotation of new languages using information generated by annotation modules for English etc.;
- cross-lingual applications, including machine translation, information retrieval, extraction and summarization, document indexing, etc.;
- the multi-lingual “knowledge web”, its philosophy, state of the art, needs, and vision for the future.
“Babes-Bolyai” University Cluj-Napoca, Romania
“C. Negruzzi” High-School Iași, Romania
“Al. I. Cuza” University of Iași, Romania
Romanian Academy, Bucharest, Romania