We invite papers presenting original and unpublished research in all areas related to Linguistic Resources and Tools for Natural Language Processing. We call for contributions that range from theoretical, empirical and applied linguistics to computational models, from development of resources to their dedicated use for the improvement of the natural language technology, research related to any language or no one in particular; case studies, demos and review papers are also most welcome. We encourage research evidencing specific interest on the Romanian spoken or written language per se or in contrast with other languages or within its idioms, describing morphological, syntactic and semantic structures, pragmatic usage, multi-word expressions, culture-bound or nature-related, the formation of the modern Romanian language, etc. Submitted papers can include descriptions of accomplished or in progress work.
The joint ReTeRom event is rooted in a nationally funded project aiming to enhance the resources and technologies for the development of human-machine interfaces in the Romanian language. Continuing the series of events established in 2018, the 4th and last ReTeRom workshop (since the project ends next year) will be organised again together with the ConsILR conference. Participants not connected to the project are also welcome.
- Rada Mihalcea, University of Michigan
- Daniel Marcu, Amazon
- Corneliu Burileanu, Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Information Technology, University Politehnica of Bucharest
- Roberto Navigli, Sapienza University of Rome
- Romanian Academy, by the Institute for Artificial Intelligence “Mihai Drăgănescu” Bucharest (RACAI) and the Institute of Computer Science, Iași branch (ARFI-IIT)
- “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” University of Iași, by the Faculty of Computer Science (UAIC-FII)
- Romanian Association of Computational Linguistics (ARLC)
The event will run under the auspices of the Technical Sciences Academy of Romania.
Organizer of the ReTeRom workshop:
Romanian Academy Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence “Mihai Drăgănescu”
More information here.